Recipe of the Month
February Recipe of the month
12 ounces light beer
8 ounces cream cheese
4 cups Mexican blend cheese shredded, divided
1 can Rotel Tomatoes 14.5 ounce can, undrained
1. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Pour in the beer and allow to come to a boil. It may foam a bit. While waiting to boil, cut your cream cheese into 1-inch chunks.
3. Once boiling, add in the cream cheese to the beer. Use a whisk to stir until fully melted and combined.
4. Once creamy and fully melted, add in your shredded cheese. Add a bit at a time, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring with the whisk until melted before adding more. Stop when the queso is to your desired consistency. For me this was 4 cups, but I REALLY like cheese. 3-4 cups should be perfect.
5. Once cheese is fully melted, stir in the Rotel.
6. Serve immediately with your fave chips. Enjoy!
Comments from the Cook: Heather McCoy:
I don’t know about you; but I love beer cheese . I especially love the one from Red Robin Restaurant; but I cant always go eat there for the beer cheese. I found this recipe so I could make beer cheese at home. Guess what??? It tastes just like the beer cheese at Red Robin. I was so excited when it tasted just like it. This recipe does make a lot so if you plan on using it for a party or event then you are all set but if you are making it just for yourself then I would freeze some of it. Trust me, it tastes just as good heated up the next day or a few days later. I hope you’ll enjoy this as much as I did.